Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Redemption

Santus Real asked fans to record their story of redemption (based on their song, The Redeemer) on YouTube and post it to their site. I have a story that I've only shared with a few women and my husband. It's really hard to tell such a personal story in two minutes and on such a public level. To be truthful, I posted it to their site and then had a moment of panic... "What did I just do? It's not that good. Its too personal..." then, I reaffirmed myself and promised myself to blog the video here as a reassurance that, now, I can not go back! All in! *gulp*

Unfortunately, it's not one of those stories where I was on the edge of death and God pulled me off a train track two second before my left arm was to be severed by an on-coming train... however, it's my story... so here it is:





3 comments:

  1. Great story Jodi. I love hearing actual accounts of people hearing God speak to them, being present with them and ultimately how He redeems us over and over again. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the part about the hug! It reminds me of when Clay and I were kids, we shared bunk beds and we used to pray together(Our Grandma taught us how to pray). Sometimes I feel God's love so strongly that I wanted to hug him, so I hugged my pillow and thought "This is for you God!" I cherish that memory for so many reasons...but knowing that God's Spirit was with me at around 10 years old is really cool to think about. Thanks for sharing, I know that wasn't easy, and you look really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! :-) That was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete