Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wait!


Abraham and Sarah had to wait 25 years before the promise of their son, Isaac, was born.



Joseph had to wait 13 years from the time he was thrown in the pit by his brothers to the time he made it to the palace.



Scholars believe that it took Noah 100 years to build the ark, and they weren't on the ark for a mere 40 days and nights - with two to seven of every animal (that a lot of pooh) - for only 40 days and nights, but "the waters flooded the earth for a hundred and fifty days." - Genesis 7:28



Craig has been in California working for almost 8 months.  He has come home and worked from home several times, which was great.  It has been a grueling time being away from him.  Sure, we have skype and phones and email, but none of that really fits-the-bill.  



God showed his favor on Craig and our family by getting him a new job so quickly.  He was the first one to get a job in from the studio where he was working, that went belly-up over night, and its a great job.  Seeing doors open so fast was a positive sign.  We knew God had our backs.  The girls and I would hold-out here, sell the house, finish the semester in school and be there by the New Year.  That was OUR plan.  However, God seems to have another plan.  By Christmas we had received a total of ZERO showings.  ZERO.  It’s not the house.  It's an amazing house.  It’s in a quiet picturesque neighborhood with some of the best schools in the state.  The house is priced under what our realtor recommended and we've dropped the price several times hoping to get showings.  We've had about 5 total showings... in the 9 months it’s been on the market.



Craig and I have given God control of our lives.  We raise everything up to him and I have the most confidence that He will handle it.  God is not up there saying, "I did not see this coming! What am I am going to do with the Grasso's? Who is going to buy that house?"  He has a plan.  So we wait, and we wait, and we wait, and I clean, and I do everything I can to keep the house looking amazing, and we wait.



I know God has something in mind for us.  I know he working his magic to put together all the puzzle pieces.  However, when I try to explain to other people they don't get it.  I've taken a lot of flack from people about how I should just GO, pack it up, put the house up for rent and, go.  They say we can figure it out, rent an inexpensive apartment (they don't exist in LA), live on credit cards... I've received a list of well intended advice that may work for them, but it would only make our situation worse, and then where would we be?



I want to be with my husband.  He's my best friend, wonderful father to my children and my greatest confidant.  I miss him so much my heart hurts!  I want to take care of him, cook for him and honor him in all the ways a wife should.  I hate that he is suffering from missing us too.  His job is going great, but he’s had to deal with some giant mountains, mountains he does not want to deal with alone; some that he would not have to deal with if we were there. BUT, I will not go against what God has told me/us to do, which is WAIT.



I feel him saying through scripture, praise, prayer and sermons, "Wait on me and you will understand.  Wait and you will see."  Truth is, I may never actually SEE what he's doing, but I know that it will be for his glory because I've asked him to make everything for his glory.  Our lives are in his hands and I keep trusting, praying, fasting and holding on to his promises:



"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28



"But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint." - Isaiah 40:31



"For since the beginning of the world
Men have not heard nor perceived by the ear,
Nor has the eye seen any God besides You,
Who acts for the one who waits for Him." Isaiah 64:4,  1 Cor 2:9


(Sorry it has taken me so long to post! It been a challenging year.  I'll try to do better.  Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. We just moved last year and lived in separate locations for several months, so I completely sympathize.

    You are doing the right thing, though. If God tells you to wait, then wait. It will work out for your good in an amazing way. Something fantastic beyond all your hopes and expectations is being prepared for you.

    ReplyDelete